Thursday, May 3, 2007

Districto Federal


I´m having a hard time wrapping my mind around what to say about the incredible spectacle that is Mexico City.


From Lucha Libre to the Ballet Folklorico, from braving the subway to taking canal boats through Xochimilco, from climbing 294 steps to the top of the pyramid of the sun (second largest pyramid in the world) at Teotihuacan, to trying pulque (a very old fashioned drink made of fermented Agave plant and a symbol of peasant Mexico), from eating a fancy dinner overlooking a fresco in a swimming pool that had been installed by Diego Rivera to eating amazing street tacos of Al Pastor with pineapple, to randomly running into friends from San Francisco on a street corner in downtown Mexico City to being lost in a city of 18 million, to the zoo and the national anthropology museum, to learning about the Aztecs and the many different ways you can and should offer the gods human sacrifices... Mexico City defies neat little packaged blog entries. Lets just say that we both really liked Mexico City. A lot.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you expressed it very well...

Nick Flip said...

I think I agree with Aunt Alice... 18 million Mexicans agree... Mexico City is totally cool. :)

Carrie Sandahl said...

Sounds amazing Mary! Keep up the blogging, it's so great to be able to check in on you two...

Unknown said...

I am amazingly jealous of you travelling right now.

Unknown said...

Hey! Again with my neighborhood and the food...I ate a torta the other day with al pastor and FREAKED OUT when I discovered PINEAPPLE in the sandwich. I thought it had to have been a mistake. Guess not.