Monday, June 4, 2007

Rainforests Rock




So, this posting deserves two pictures (although there are really so many good ones to choose from). Both of these photos came from Northern Guatemala... the crab is some sort of tree crab, and he and his little buddies eat leaves and hang out alongside rivers (not quite like the Dungeness).


The monkey is a spider monkey, and these monkeys move FAST, so my capturing it on film may qualify me to work at National Geographic one day (finally, I know what I want to do with my life).

5 comments:

Carrie Sandahl said...

Dude- the tree crab is the BEST! I love crabs! well as long as they're not in my pants... not that I've ever had a crab in my pants or anything... Oh this pic reminds me of when you and Matt brought over 4 freakin LIVE crabs to me and Sean's old apartment and I screamed everytime we dropped one of those guys into our undersized crab pot... so brutal- and delicious

DemPro said...

Is it just me or does that spider monkey look like it's flipping you off... HA... I want a ill mannered spider monkey... bring me one, pleeeeaaaase?

atag said...

give my love to the guatemalans and have a bottle of gallo for me!! Enjoy their school buses, much more decorated than their belizian counterparts...

Rose said...

Hi Mary, LOVE the additional Guatamalen photos. Did you run out of sun screen one day? It looks painful speaking from one red head to another:) Amazing scenery! Take care:)

Rose said...

Amazing scenery! Did you forget sun screen one day? Speaking one red head to another, looks painful! The additional Guatemalen photos are amazing!

Take care