Tuesday, June 26, 2007

She said Yes (against her better judgement)



I got up early to pick up baleadas (Baleadas are flour tortillas grilled with beans. After months of corn-based foods, flour tortillas are exotic and gourmet. And, they´re Mary´s favorite thing about Honduras), and then dragged her out of bed for breakfast baleadas on the dock in the above photo. I figured the grogginess of waking up early, combined with the happiness of baleadas and the beauty of the early morning Caribbean would lower her defenses and I was right.


Early on the first day of summer Mary accepted my proposal to get married. Now you may be wondering when a wedding will be coming. My brother set the original over-under at 2009, but seeing as we probably won´t be back in the states til 2008, and we won´t have jobs, an apartment, or money, and it took us two months to find a ring and then three weeks to actually propose, I think the smart money would be on the over. Way over. Expect a save the date card somewhere in the vicinity of 2015.

11 comments:

nat said...

You guys!!!! I am so happy for you. Matt, I must say, your taste in women is exquisite.

Unknown said...

Hurrah! And I'm betting on 2011. :) Love you guys!

nathan said...

congrats!

Carrie Sandahl said...

Wait- I thought you two were already engaged... no matter- you two are awesome, and awesome for one another! I say elope the week you get back to SF...

Nick Flip said...

Wait... you guys are getting married??? To who????

Nobody ever tells me anything...

Anonymous said...

Hey - that's great news... congratulations to both of you. And to us too ;-)cause I'm looking forward to more good family meals and interesting conversations - far into my old age - with you two around... Love you both, Aunt Alice

Unknown said...

Oh mah gah. I am so excited for you guys!!!!

I'll block off all of 2015 for y'all.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Best wishes to one of our favorite couples. We can't wait to have you back in SF.

- Rich & Emma

atag said...

nice one indeed!
and yes, baleadas are delicious - i remember making the most of them when i got to honduras ;)

all the best from Paris

Unknown said...

Hey Guys! It's actually Amy, not Justin, but he is helping me since i am technologically challenged :-) And i also don't have a gmail account.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you guys that I heard the FANTASTIC news and I could not be happier for you guys!! I am so glad you guys made it official and i can't wait to celebrate with you...but it sounds like i may have to come to you :-)

I will try and be in touch soon, but may have to try email since i am not so good at the blogging thing. Love you and miss you!

a

jb said...

my favorite matchmakers are finally (officially) matched :)

all my love...see you soon! i'm looking forward to the honeymoon blog.