Monday, June 4, 2007

A Ring to it


I was pretty willing to give Mary a hard time in my last post, so this time I will give her the credit she deserves. She found a ring!!!


Of course within five minutes of buying the ring she decided she hated it and it was terrible and she could never wear it. But then she came around, and decided it was an acceptable ring for the time in Latin America, and she would find another one when we got back to the states. (Doh).


For the last twenty-four hours, every time we have walked by a jewelry store she has pointed out that there was another jewelry store we did not need to go in. This does not mean we are engaged... I still have to find a proper place to propose. My original plans were a taco stand in Mexico, but my original plans didn´t provide for the contingency that it would take two months to find a ring, and a pupusa stand in Guatemala doesn't have quite the same sound.

12 comments:

nathan said...

Our generation is a funny generation...

Dad said...

Matt,
I see absolutely no reason to buy two rings to propose to only one girl. Finding acceptable rings is not easy, you know.

Unknown said...

Congratulations to those who are not officially engaged. =) You two make me giggle.

Unknown said...

You know I'll be passing this entry along to Melissa with a giant A-HEM!

Congrats, you guys! Even though you're not officially engaged and whatnot.

Carrie Sandahl said...

So I'm married... I mean not REALLY married, but I talk about it a lot and muse about how it would be and who I would be married to- so I consider myself married... Oh- and I totally disagree with Matt's Dad- one girl has 10 fingers (hopefully) I think Matt needs to buy you a ring from each country you visit.

Nick Flip said...

Now that you've bought the ring, how much is the dowry??

Remember... no thicker than your thumb. ;)

M&IA said...

I only consider it official if the ring fits through the nose. That is Matt's nose.

DemPro said...

Way to overly manage expectations Matt... now you have left yourself without options, you have to go through with it otherwise the trip will have been for not. I say that since you have missed the opportunity to propose in a mexican taco shop in Mexico, you'll just have to settle for the next best thing, A Mexican taco shop in San Francisco. I'll get the boys at Castallito to set everything up for the return burrito/engagement party in San Francisco... that way you can get what you want (proposal in taco shop), Mary can get what she wants (a pastor taco, or a fantastic memory of blah blah blah whatever...), and we can all be there to apply exactly the right amount of peer pressure to ensure that you go through with it.

Miss you both.

Unknown said...

I just miss tacos...Is that wrong?

Maria said...

FELICIDADES POR ENCONTRAR "EL ANILLO" AHORA CREO QUE EL LAGO DE ATITLAN ES UN LUGAR PERFECTO PARA "EL COMPROMISO" ji ji

Maria H.

Heather said...

Congrats on your official non-official engagement! Miss you guys.
Heather

Unknown said...

Congrats on your sorta-pseudo-semi engagement! I'm so glad you guys are having such great, memorable adventures! Keep up the good work :)